● Lady Percy moves me - might she move you? CLICK TO FIND OUT
● Plus my novels, stories, verse, vulgar interests, apologies, and singing.
● Most posts are 300 words. I respond to all comments/re-comments.
● See Tone Deaf in New blogger.


Tuesday 13 February 2018

Bars now downloadable

Uh, huh: gotta straighten this out right away.

Hustle (primary meaning:  to push or convey; secondary meaning: to swindle or cheat). You do understand it's the former sense, don't you? To push as in "present for sale".

Opening Bars is now available, greatly reduced, as a Kindle download. Pat (he's a fella and a friend) who runs The Racing House Press which published Gorgon Times and Out of Arizona, fixed it yesterday and let me know. He'd chosen the price; was it OK?

I said, "Yes. I'd rather be read than make money." So I'm hustling but in a downbeat, half-ashamed, British sort of way.

Click one of the two options in the sidebar depending on where you live.

And now I'll shuffle off and nurse my sciatica which, if anything, is worse this AM.

3 comments:

  1. It's disappponting to see that noone else, other than me, has written a rview on Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I downloaded it. Hope to start reading it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir Hugh: That's always assuming anyone else bought it. But see below.

    Colette: An angel! And you did it despite my half-hearted sales pitch. Now all I require is that you're overwhelmed by my example and decide to take singing lessons. Of course you're still very young (almost a generation behind me) but there are advantages. Throughout my painful sessions at the osteopath trying to get rid of my sciatica, I found myself muttering Purcell's An Evening Hymn over and over. Even flirting with the second half (all those Hallelujahs!) for which I've only had thirty minutes' instruction. Do you know the Te Deum?:

    Cherubim and Seraphim,
    Continually do cry,
    Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Lord God of Sabaoth.


    Well that's me, either of them. Even though I'm not a believer.

    ReplyDelete