● Lady Percy moves me - might she move you? CLICK TO FIND OUT
● Plus my novels, stories, verse, vulgar interests, apologies, and singing.
● Most posts are 300 words. I respond to all comments/re-comments.
● See Tone Deaf in New blogger.


Friday 8 June 2018

Listen to Cassandra (and friends)

Cassandra sings, way above me tonally and qualitatively. And as member of a first-rate choir. Through the miracle of the WWW you can hear her and them this coming Sunday.

The details: C says: Link to Toronto (Uh, uh, make that Montreal; see  comments below) Cathedral evensong, June 17. The broadcast will be HERE (ie, in Canada) at 4 pm, 16:00 our time. We're five hours apart now (from GMT), I think, so 9:00 pm / 21:00 for you.

Me again: Rather than use my computer I will be lolling on the couch in the living room, listening by smart TV. In trials I had difficulties making the link work because it incorporates the US route (google.com) not the UK route (google.co.uk). The second link below may help UK listeners

http://www.radiovm.com/ecouter/en-direct

http://www.radiovm.co.uk/ecouter/en-direct

2 comments:

  1. Ummm, that's Montreal, on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth: Yeah, yeah. A mere detail: 541 km or, if you prefer, 5 hr 21 min but that must be walking pace. Taking time off for pancakes and syrup in Kingston, my esrtwhile home town. Whoops, that was Kingston-upon-Thames and I don't see no Thames there. And just think, you got up at 04.14 to tell me this, though something tells me this could be yet another error on my part. For I am old and defective:

    Age, with his stealing steps,
    Hath clawed me in his clutch


    Somewhat tautological that second line, not WS at his best.

    Whereas you should be applauding my techno-ingenuity. I know from past experience I could hear you sing on my computer but that device is in my study, one floor up. Why not, I asked myself, acess you via my blog on my smart TV, down in the living room where there are couches. Hence this Heath Robinson arrangement. No doubt there are more smoothly contrived alternatives but I have proved I can do a post on virtually nothing at all; even better, a post which disguises my geographical stupidity.

    Well sort of.

    ReplyDelete