What makes an adult? Given you agree I’ve made it, sewing this lot together creates an LdP template. But for you – and particularly you! - there’ll be variations.
● Always vote.
● Of LvB’s symphonies like the Pastoral the least.
● No longer end restaurant meals with cheese.
● Respond to jazz nostalgically.
● Regard things as half of a pair.
● See London as a kind of Santa’s grotto.
● Prize comfort above cash.
● Go for more obscure operas (eg, Janacek’s Jenufa).
● Weep appreciatively at unexpected articulacy.
● Eschew public transport (other than trains).
● Acknowledge that some Mozart is musical boilerplate.
● Reflect smugly on time spent in foreign countries.
● Weep appreciatively (but embarrassingly) at what I consider to be great musical performances.
● Spend unthinkingly on keeping computer “up”.
● Avoid sentimentality re. grandchildren.
● Avoid sentimentality.
● Award imaginary medals to those who explain music well.
● Donate more to charity.
● Consider deleting previous admission.
● Rarely buy programmes at music concerts.
● Admire (quietly) those who kill officially on UK’s behalf.
● Drink far less beer.
● Increasingly prefer chamber to orchestral music.
● Write fiction to explore the feminine viewpoint.
● Worry about growing incidence of gorgeous (women) soloists.
● Read less, re-read more.
● Speculate on Sibelius’s ineluctable progress up the charts.
● No longer enjoy identifying political mendacity.
● Bathe less.
● Increasingly doubt worth of lists vs. prose.