● Lady Percy moves me - might she move you? CLICK TO FIND OUT
● Plus my novels, stories, verse, vulgar interests, apologies, and singing.
● Most posts are 300 words. I respond to all comments/re-comments.
● See Tone Deaf in New blogger.


Saturday 18 November 2017

Short story verdict?

Blogspot techno-point. It was Lucy who restrained me from getting excited about pageview figures in Stats. Just a single mention of Hitler and totals may rise dramatically. But occasionally they offer a kind of truth.

At over 6000 words my short story, The Geographical Centre of the Buckeye State, is a long read and I didn't expect a great response. Splitting it into two parts (to meet Blogspot restrictions) was also likely to discourage readers. Pageview figures of 31 and 26 for parts 1 and 2 respectively are not huge but are mildly gratifying. Their numerical closeness suggests there  is a relationship (in readers' eyes) between the two parts, that those who read the first part went on to read the second.

And that only 5 readers failed to do so.

Gather ye crumbs where ye may.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing about Blogger Stats seem to stack up. In recent weeks I have had days with over 1000 page views and only a couple of comments on the blog. I think various search engines and other organisations are just randomly searching the web for key words or phrases with nobody actually reading the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir Hugh: I think I make your general assertion clear in the post. This instance is, however, a special case. For one thing there are comparatively few pageviews, for another it's the closeness of the comment totals for Post Nam 1 and 2 that supports the point I'm trying to make.

    ReplyDelete