● Lady Percy moves me - might she move you? CLICK TO FIND OUT
● Plus my novels, stories, verse, vulgar interests, apologies, and singing.
● Most posts are 300 words. I respond to all comments/re-comments.
● See Tone Deaf in New blogger.


Monday 14 August 2023

New horse, same stable

It's called Two Homelands and, yes,
those are gents' urinals on the cover.
I've been told they won't attract readers.
TD fans, prove the nay-sayers wrong.

What a bargain! Two-hundred-and-ninety pages, thirty-six stories for… actually, I’ve no idea about the price. Six pre-pub copies of the book - the one on the right - arrived today and I hurried into print. Wanted to show there was life in the old dog yet.

Much of the content – but not all - appeared in Tone Deaf over the years. Always assuming you read it at the time, you’ll have forgotten it by now. Go on a voyage of re-discovery, round the world and back. Think to yourself: gosh, what a life he led. Not that it’s all autobiographical. I do admit to a certain degree of imagination.

Keep me from starving in a garret. If that’s a cliché then it’s not typical of what’s between the covers.

More follows.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Will it be available on amazon.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colette: Full details will be available on Amazon. Access to these will - I trust - appear on the right-hand column on Tone Deaf, as before with my other books.

    I'll be saying more very shortly but I am, at the moment, engaged in the most unlikely project in my long life. The pursuit of secondhand large, ceramic and terracotta pots as a means of containing acers for the decoration of my front and back gardens. And in time for my birthday.

    Thanks for the felicitations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colette: Full details now available; click on Two Homelands front cover pic.

    ReplyDelete