● Lady Percy moves me - might she move you? CLICK TO FIND OUT
● Plus my novels, stories, verse, vulgar interests, apologies, and singing.
● Most posts are 300 words. I respond to all comments/re-comments.
● See Tone Deaf in New blogger.


Sunday 26 November 2023

Tone Deaf: New T&C

Now under new Reduced-Subject regime. Tone Deaf and – before it – Works Well are and were out of step. Why, I was asked, do I limit posts to 300 words? The reasons were complicated and related to my non-retired life. But I did have a quickie response: writing too much is more likely to draw complaints than writing too little. 

But that rule broke down re. my blog comments. Often these exceeded 300 words. And now, following my policy announcement about reducing the range of subjects I write about (see Welcome to Vacant Horizons) this has been brought to my attention. Feebly I protested; might comment length be an indication of my interest? But secretly I acknowledged nobody loves a blabbermouth.

Best to comment as if responding by telegram (US: cable) and paying for each word. We’ll see.

For those who’d rather see less than more, the above three paras amount to 138 words. Possible solution: verse is terse. 

Policy query: No pic to this post. Do pix count as words? 

7 comments:

  1. Can photos be words
    Ask the ones who painted caves
    To tell their stories
    (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NewRobin13: The best ones were French and now long dead. Possible explanation: they painted because they hadn't yet emerged from writing kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if one has something to say, one should say it..or write it. If you need to reply (I love your replies--and often get a real chuckle) and bluster a bit, um...you've earned it, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi: I have to say I find that reassuring. Especially the fact that I'm able to make you chuckle. Thanks, pal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you know photos don't count as words because, well, they are images. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colette: As gently as possible I would dispute that. The sign on the hillside saying HOLLYWOOD is both an image and a word. However I was, as usual, being facetious. The restriction a reader has suggested about the length of my comments could imply I might also profit from behaving less extravagantly. And thus no pix.

      Delete
    2. I could never support behaving less exravagantly.

      Delete